Pages

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

The Bounty of Autumn

I love fresh produce!

I love growing it and picking it and eating it myself!

This summer was a bumper raspberry one for us, after a couple of years of disappointingly small crops.  The difference?  Well, summer has been hot and dry.  But then last year was too.  No, I think it was the citrus fertilizer I applied last autumn.  And that Mum cut them right back.

Either way, they were delicious, and too many for us to eat!  Freezer, yahoo! Raspberry and pear smoothies into winter, yay!


Tomatoes were too many to eat too, although the poor vines died back very early this year.  It was just too dry and they seemed to shrivel up in defeat.  But before they did, I cooked up several batches of tomato pasta sauce.  Yum, yum, yummy!


Munchkin helped me save some bean seeds for next summer.  It proved to be a great fine coordination activity for him and one which he enjoyed very much.



The seeds are now safely tucked away in an envelop, labelled and dated, next to another filled with Italian parsley seed.  Bounty for the year ahead.

Amy



1 comment:

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh there is such satisfaction in harvesting and preserving your own produce, and saving seed ready for next year.
Blessings and love
M