Pages

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Old MacDonald's Farm

Tonight at bedtime:

Mummy:  Munchkin, what song would you like?

Munchkin:  Old MacDonald's farm.

Mummy: Ok.  But I can only do one verse, because Mummy's throat is still very sore and yucky.  What would you like on Old MacDonald's Farm tonight?

Munchkin:  Cars, and trucks, and diggers, and bulldozers, and dumptrucks, and tractors, and cranes.

(Or something along those lines.  There were too many for my level of accuracy tonight, folks!).

Mummy (singing): "...and on that farm he had cars, and trucks, and diggers, and bulldozers, and dumptrucks, and tractors, e-i-e-i-o, with a brmm brrm, honk, dig-a-dig, brrm, toot, brmm here and a brrm, honk, toot, dig, brmm there..."

You get the idea.  There was a lot happening on the farm tonight!

Got to the end, only to be told I'd left out at least two.  I think one was a crane.  Not sure about the other.  Grin.  And no, I did not do another verse.  The boy was happy enough.  If I had enough voice to, I might have, but as my voice is almost defunct at present, I refrained.  Perhaps we will do them tomorrow night.  Okay, I admit that I am secretly hoping he will ask for a different song.  I don't imagine my voice being in much better shape by tomorrow night.

Amy

1 comment:

kiwimeskreations said...

Only a Munchy would do THAT list :-).
Thanks for the giggle, and I hope you throat is healed soon.
Blessings and love
M