Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Still Growing!

Munchkin is still growing.  Just in case you were wondering!  Which you probably weren't.  I mean, kids grow.  That's kind of the point in being a kid.  You grow up, physically and mentally, emotionally and spiritually.

You'd think I wouldn't be surprised that Munchkin is growing up.  But I was still taken aback when I sorted through his clothes last week, and discovered that he needs a whole new batch.  Again.  Thanks to the Onesie-bummsies we are at least getting some really good mileage out of his singlets!  But I finally had to conclude that the long sleeved onesies were too short in the arms.  He's still wearing some to bed at night, 'cos I have yet to figure out what else to dress him in for bed!

I ended up with a massive pile of culled clothes, and nowhere but the dining table to store them. Not a good look, especially when trying to keep the dining table clutter-free.

The clothes containers re-sorted

The discard pile!

I had to go on a household mission and find another container I could empty out to use for Munchkin's clothes.

This is now the post-Munchkin pile.  We have sold a few things.  And loaned out a few more.  But this is most of it.  Now, just to remind you that my boy is only 16 months old.  Yup.  That's a whole lot of clothes for one body for a short space of time!


Let me put this in perspective for you.  The bottom three boxes in this pile contain JUST Munchkin's clothes.  The pile comes up to my shoulders.  I am 160cm tall (five foot three).

See what I mean?!  HUGE PILE OF CLOTHES!

I had to put his gorgeous red winter cardigan into storage today.  Very sad.  It is SO cute.  But the weather is getting warmer and the boy is getting taller. 


Amy

2 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh the joys of children - this will go on for a few years yet, not always at this rate, but certainly constantly!
Blessings
M

Elizabeth said...

Ahhh yes - growing... we're at the 'uh oh we have to buy some summer clothes' stage as well :-(! Got some second-hand stuff; fantastic for Playcentre, but old... so still need a few more things to beef up her wardrobe.