Pages

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Boyo Talks 2

I asked Boyo for his thoughts after doing Live Below the Line.  Here's what he wrote for you:

"Well, here we are, at the end of our time (infact, as I write this, we have been finished close to a week now).

For me, I found one main thing interesting, but it didn’t really hit me until the end of the challenge.
During the challenge itself, I had no real issues, nor any concerns. I wasn’t hungry very often, and when I was, I could just go and eat. I worked things out so that I had pretty much just enough. I finished my last bread and wheat biscuits at 10.30pm on the Friday, just before going to bed. So I was pretty happy with that.
I ate more during the day on Friday (than any of the other days), simply because I knew I had it there to eat, and because I was finishing that day.
The main thing that I noticed afterwards though, was that my system wasn’t so keen on what it was that I had eaten (*edited by Amy: read this as "upset stomach for a few days" - which incidentally we all seemed to suffer to some extent or another either during or after the Challenge!). Although it wasn’t all that different to my normal diet (as in, I eat weetbix for breakfast and have sandwiches for lunch), it was different enough that my system wasn’t too happy. I think a lot of that was probably having too much bread type food in my diet. And then, the lack of things like fruit and veges.
My thoughts at this point, are that, if I complete it again, then I would most likely change what it is that I buy, so that I am getting more in the way of fruit and veges. Even though I know that I wouldn’t be able to buy much in that regard, something is better than nothing.  Grin.
We have ended up raising roughly $750. I am pretty happy with that. Most of it ended up coming in during the final couple of days of the challenge. I found this a little surprising really. I had expected that most of the money would come in before, as that was when we were really pushing for sponsors. At the end of the day, it is irrelevant when it came in.
The main things were the total that we raised, and that we survived the challenge. Grin."

I hope to have some insights from my parents at some point regarding their experience Living Below the Line, so watch this space.
 
Amy

1 comment:

kiwimeskreations said...

Hmmm - Boyo admitting he needs more fruit and veg .....

Oops - I need to put in the final $$ too....

Blessings
M