Pages

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Grateful

I was hoping to link this up with Things I'm Loving...but I guess I will just have to wait for Paisley Jade to open up another linky!  It's Wednesday and I have time to blog...so the blogging must take place, early though I be!    Linking up now

This week, I am loving MY HAT

Seriously, this is the bestest hat EVER.  It comes right down over my pour, beleagered ears.  In all honestly, I have to admit that I own three hats.  All for practical purposes.  My light polarfleece pink and purple one is good for warmer weather.  My blue one (which Boyo still claims is his, but I tell you, he did give it to me!) is an in-between warmth.  I wear it to bed.  Or at least I do normally.  I appear to have misplaced it somewhere between morning and night on Monday and have yet to discover just what I've done with it this time!  I had to wear the pink one.  Which is okay I guess, but it isn't as long, so comes off my ears.  Do you get the feeling that I get earache?  Frequently.  Easily.  A lot!  Sometimes for no apparent reason.  Usually because there is a very slight, minute wiff of a breeze.  I also own a headband, bought for me by my wonderful mother-in-law.  It gets used almost every day over summer.  It's too hot for wooly hats then.  But I STILL get earache.  Ugh.  I am currently in love with my hat.  Again.  I was last year, and the year before too. I can't imagine not being so next year!

Daphne.  The scent is just delicious.  The next-best-thing to having your own daphne bush is having a neighbour with one.  It kind of just floats in and out on the breeze.  Lovely. 


I'm so grateful for a boy who is well and happy.  After both of us being sick for several weeks, I am SO enjoying being in his company, and having him sleep long-long-long-long times (he played catch-up mode all last week, sleeping till 8:30 most mornings - this week we are back to usual 7-7:30 wake ups).  I have gotten two assignments done!!!  Couldn't have asked for a more important week for Munchkin to sleep well than last week.

I love BUNNIES! 


My friend's bunnies.  They are Bugs and Lola.  And they are the cutest things ever.  They are very, very tame and laid back.  Plus they have a baby just Munchkin's age, so don't seem to mind little fingers having a 'gentle' pat.  Munchkin thought Lola was just wonderful.  Mummy wanted to take Lola home.  There is something so therapeutic about stroking an animal.  Boyo does tell me from time to time (when I talk about getting a pet) that I could just stroke his head.  But it is not the same!  Animals and people, we were meant to go together somehow.  I am reminding myself that we are getting chooks.  And that 3 chookies and one small boy will be enough to look after for the next year.  I'm planning plenty more visits to Bugs and Lola for more loving-the-soft-fluffy-bunny-cuddles!

I must admit to a slight addiction.  I am a late bloomer.  Chocolate has snuck in on me by degrees over the past few years.  A few months ago I found the Destitute Gourmet's Self-Saucing Chocolate Pudding. 


Ah.  Bliss in a bowl!  I can't eat chocolate at night you see, the cocoa keeps me awake.  Sleep being at a premium, I had been left to fight my cravings alone and desperate.  No longer.  I have a new friend.  I love Self Saucing Chocolate Pudding.  Too much.  Well, maybe not.  I don't eat biscuits or cake during the day...so maybe it's okay to indulge at night?  I am a sucker for that gooey, sweet, chocolatey taste.  Warmth.  The chocolate smell wafting through our house.  Mmm.  I am almost drooling.  So loving my pudding.  And so want to have some more right now!

Amy

3 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Great to know that Munchy gave you some peace before these next teeth!!
It's years since I made a self saucing pudding.... no, I will not succumb!!
Blessings
M

Elizabeth said...

Chocolate - hhhmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!

PaisleyJade said...

I love your hat!!! Also love chocolate and self-saucing puddings! Must search out that recipe as it sounds good. Thanks so much for joining in!!!