Pages

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The Chair

Well, I was all excited about coming online today and using the new Blogger editor, which I read about on Greatfun4kids yesterday. Only I can't get mine to work properly. I set it all up, and go in there to write a post, and it has one of those little flower circle thingys going round and round and round where I am supposed to be able to write a post! My bottom toolbar is telling me there is an error on the page, but of course I have no idea what it is or how to fix the darn thing. I tried uploading photos. They didn't show up. The only thing that did show up was the title! So after changing it back to the old editor and then changing back to the new, signing in and out, and trying it all again, I have had to go back to the old editor. I am so dissappointed! I was really looking forward to being able to put photos in more easily! Grrr. Can any blog-savy person please help?!

Moving on to happier thoughts, here is what we have been up to the past couple of days:
Re-seating two of our dining chairs. This involved buying a piece of plywood, and getting my dad to cut it for me with his electric saw on Saturday. Plus we had to hand-saw some little corners out to fit around the back legs. Then Boyo and I spent an evening pulling staples out of the old seats. Lots and lots of staples. Around 100 per seat, Boyo estimated. I then glued the original foam onto the new chair bases. Then last night I hammered the fabric back on, using small tacks. The timing had to be carefully arranged so that Munchkin was up and playing with his daddy, otherwise the noise would be too much for him. We still have one more chair to tack back together. I do feel rather accomplished. The fabric is not as tight as it once was, but the seat should now last quite a few more years of bum-squishing. In the end, that's all we really wanted.  Amy

The reason we needed to work on the chairs!
Can you count the staples?!?
Gluing the foam back onto the new boards.
All my lovely tacking.
The finished product!

3 comments:

Simoney said...

Hey Amy - I am getting the same issue with my editor at the moment; I think Blogger are switching over to their even newer post editor so it is having some teething probs. BUT if you google, download and install Mozilla Firefox (internet browser) you will be able to get into it. For some reason it is working on this browser OK, even though not on google chrome or internet explorer. Glad you are enjoying the new tips I shared too :)
xx

kiwimeskreations said...

Yay - well done to both of you!! I have a friend in Aus who is having blogger hassles today too, so you are not on your own.
Blessings
M

Amy said...

Thanks Simoney for the help! I got it working okay the following day, yay! Amy