Pages

Sunday, April 11, 2010

A Recycled Bag

Resusing of things like ribbons and bags is something I have always tended to do (see my earlier post on ribbons for why I love them so!). It has not taken a major light bulb moment in my life to see that this is a handy skill to have. I find it so much easier going to a well-stocked craft cupboard to locate wrapping paper or bow, than having to head off to the shops. Having moved countries a couple of times in the past 4 years, my craft cupboard is a little bare. I was recently looking for a bag or basket to put a little gift into, and thought I might have to buy one, when I realised I had a very cute little bag that had originally been given to us holding a present for Munchkin. The only issue was that it had a photo of a baby on the front. Not quite the look I needed! So I got out some matching paper, cut it to size, then stuck a pretty hibiscus sticker over the top. I think it looks rather nice.

The finished bag - by using coloured paper that matched some of the pretty little dots, I've ended up with a finished product that looks like it was meant to be like that.

Isn't it amazing what you can do when you think a little creatively? This project took less time than it would have for me to whisk out to the shops and quickly buy a bag. And it was far more satisfying!

Amy



No comments: